Preventing Pollution is Green and Saves Dollars!
Let EEC Show You How to Minimize Waste.
Compliance with environmental regulatory agencies requires constant vigilance in industrial housekeeping and operations. EEC expertly advises industrial facilities on the processes and plans required to operate according to law.
• A spill prevention control and countermeasure (SPCC) plan is a federal requirement for facilities that handle petroleum products, aimed at preventing leaks and spills from causing contamination.
• State-regulated mineral acid storage tanks and other tanks holding pollutants require secondary containment certification. The goal is to reduce spills and quickly control them if they occur.
• Pollution prevention plans provide guidelines for altering manufacturing processes to reduce waste streams. EEC personnel can prepare a customized plan based on a company's individual needs, as determined by an inspection of facilities and manufacturing processes, a review of production quantities versus waste generated, and an analysis of operating costs. A reduction in waste typically will provide savings for the company in production costs.
• Additional savings may result if the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) or a local environmental agency is investigating a pollution violation. An agency may be willing to reduce stipulated penalties if a pollution prevention plan is presented and implemented as part of a consent order.
• Water conservation plans meet the requirements of some regulatory agencies to reduce consumption and recycle water where feasible.
We Bring Solutions to
Industrial Waste Problems.
EEC will evaluate the following options and recommend a course of action with a period of monitoring to determine the resulting waste reductions:
• More efficient equipment
• Alternative raw materials
• Equipment repair and maintenance
• Better quality control
• Improved housekeeping methods
• Reuse or recycling
• Waste exchange
VIEW VIDEOS TO SEE HOW EEC BRINGS SOLUTIONS TO ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS
ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS, INC.
© 2014 All rights reserved.
5119 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, FL 33603 • Phone (813) 237-3781 Fax: (813) 238-0036